Friday, October 29, 2010

Glen Tanar

January 10th 2010

The Boat House
 Lots of snow this year, I love it, look forward to getting loads of ski-ing this year or so I thought.  Glen Tanar, not a day for fishing, honest there is a loch under all that snow, but what kind of loch creature leaves a hill like that in the middle of the loch.  Mike wouldnt let me go out to investigate.  I bowed to his superior judgement.  So pleased there had been some vehicles around the tracks walking was reasonably easy, but cross country ski-ing would have been so much more fun.

As we were leaving a dejected voice echoes "wont be fishing here for a few months".


Snowy trails in Glen Tanar

When these photos were taken little did we know that it would be the last day out for me for a few months, and that thoughts of ski-ing were the last thing on my mind.

Its surprising how quickly you learn to adjust to something that a few hours previously would have been completely alien to you.
Icicles on the Game Store




Seven hours after this photo was taken I was lying flat on my back in ARI with a broken vertebrae, it was no fun, but on reflection the circumstances are enough to have you rolling around on the floor in hysterics, although it was to be some months before I would be rolling anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment